Whether it's elementary school, college, or heading back to school for adult education, ensuring your eyes are in excellent condition is crucial for the best learning experience possible. Selecting the proper back-to-school eyewear is in the same vein of importance. We can provide exceptional eye care services at Springfield Opticians at three convenient locations, including Springfield, PA, Holmes, PA, and Chadds Ford, PA.
Regularly Visit Our Optometrist
You and your family need to make annual eye exams a regular part of your back-to-school routine. There are several tests and procedures you may have when visiting an optometrist.
- Peripheral Test - This test measures your range when looking out of the corners of your eyes.
- Glaucoma Test - The air bouncing off the eye in an air puff test is to measure the pressure of the eye itself.
- Pupillary Reactions Test - This tests how your pupils respond to light.
- Visual Acuity Tests - This is where you read letters and numbers from an eye chart.
- Pupil Dilation - The eye doctor can more easily examine your retina and optic nerves if the pupils are dilated.
Why Eye Care Is Important
Besides ensuring your eyes are in the best shape possible for school, finding an eye doctor who can check for eye problems is essential. There are several eye conditions that people often suffer from.
- Refractive Errors - These include near-sightedness and farsightedness. These are two of the most common eye conditions in the United States. Wearing glasses or contact lenses can usually correct these problems.
- Cataract - This is when the eye's lens becomes cloudy. This cloudiness is the most common cause of vision loss in the United States. Cataracts are sometimes present at birth and can affect people of all ages.
- Glaucoma - This disease happens when the fluid pressure in the eyes increases. It causes damage to the optic nerve in the eye.
- Macular Degeneration - This is usually age-related and causes damage to a person's central vision. It inhibits a person's ability to see objects.
- Amblyopia - This is sometimes called "lazy eye" and is a shared vision problem for children. It occurs when the brain and the eye don't work together correctly.
Choose Springfield Opticians
Whether you're in Springfield, PA, Holmes, PA, or Chadds Ford, PA, we can meet your eye care needs at Springfield Opticians. We provide eye exams, eyeglass fittings, contact lens fittings, child exams, senior exams, and emergency eye care. We also offer computer vision care and LASIK consultations. So when you need an experienced eye doctor, schedule an appointment with us at Springfield Opticians. Call us at Chadds Ford (610) 558-3142, Holmes (610) 461-7353, or Springfield (610) 543-9275.